Wednesday 8 August 2012

The First Week of War - Sheffield September 1939

It is over a month since I've posted any materail, thoughts etc to the blog but that does not mean I've been out in the garden sunbathing and just generally idling about. Far from it!

I'm  endeavouring at the moment to finalise material for a second book that hoopefully will come out in the autumn. This has necessitated a few trips to the excellent Local Studies Library in Sheffield and whilst I was there I came across a couple of newspaper reports relating to the events of September 1939.

One concerne the exploits of a Robert Dunbar, an ex-Hunters Bar pupil who declared war on Nazi Germany. And the other was the forgotten death of John Hall who I believe may have been Sheffield's first casualty of World War 2  

No comments:

Post a Comment