Saturday 23 March 2019

Sheffield By Night - Kenneth Steel Sheffield circa 1960

I received this e-mail note the other day asking about a work by the Sheffield artist Kenneth Steel

"I have viewed your website regarding Kenneth Steele.

I recently bought a print by Steele knowing nothing about him but because I liked it as it reminds me of Crookes in Sheffield.  I have put it in another frame and the print has faded from the original colours.Have you come across it before and have you heard anything about where the original might be?"

Unfortunately my response was a double negative - I have never seen the painting before and I do not know where the original is. But I said that I would post the details on this blog and hope that a reader would provide some additional information.


And for my part I think it is a rather impressive piece of art 




No comments:

Post a Comment