Monday 29 June 2020

"There is no place like home" 23 Orchard Road Walkley Sheffield - 1913

After the success of my previous blog (it only took 8 years!) I came across this photograph/postcard last week on an online auction site


It is a rather interesting photo of a young couple and I assume their first child - there is no information on the rear of the card. Below the image is the phrase "Yours truely C Bean" - I am not sure about that
name though

23 Orchard Road Walkey where the photo was taken is still there - it is behind the Asda store on South Road 


But like some many houses in the district it has been recently "redeveloped."  





    I wonder what the young family would have thought. If anyone can supply me with additional information on the family just mail me


       

    No comments:

    Post a Comment