Wednesday 16 March 2022

All Saints School Pitsmoor Sheffield

I have just received an email from a researcher who had recently found a photo of an infant class at the  school taken in 1900. One of the pupils was her uncle Tommy who was six at the time. He is fifth from the left on the back row


I searched the British Newspaper Archive but there was surprisingly little reported on All Saints School in Pitsmoor. But a full list of admissions (1872 - 1940) can be found on the excellent Sheffield Indexers site.

Her uncle went to serve in the Great War and she kindly sent me a photo of Tommy with his two favourite horses Charlie and Bonnie. It was taken in France but the date is unknown. Tommy did return from the war but sadly his older brother Jack was killed in action 


If any reader of this blog can add any further information on All Saints School Pitsmoor Sheffield please contact me and I will pass it on  

No comments:

Post a Comment