Sunday 24 April 2022

Places in Time - The Art of Kenneth Steel - Sheffield December 2021 - May 2022

 Many years ago I posted an article to the site relating to the life and work of a Sheffield artist Kenneth Steel  At the timer I had never heard of him and there was hardly any information either on-line or in print. But he had an interesting life that had more than its share of tragedy and sadness.

Since then awareness of his work has increased and over the last four months there has been an exhibition of his work at Sheffield's Weston Park Museum.

I visited the exhibition yesterday and to be quite truthful I was staggered by the number of exhibits and also the quality as well. It was very well laid out and informative. I just did not realise how prolific Kenneth was as an artist and also the range of his works. I did not know about his Mallorcan and Mediterranean works and so that was a bonus. 

All in all the exhibition did Kenneth proud and I hope it does bring his life and works to a wider public. 

Kenneth now has a dedicated website that vividly portrays his works and so is well worth a visit

The exhibition closes on Monday 2nd May 2022 and so there is only one week left to visit it.





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment