Thursday 7 November 2013

November 2013 Update

I've just got around to posting updates to some of the articles on the site.

George Lawrence - a request from Brian Ward for further information

The Shocking Xylonite Fire at Netherthorpe Sheffield 14th December 1921 I was contacted by the great-grandson of one of the victim's of the fire and was delighted to supply him with further information on the tragedy

A Grave Affair in Sheffield  in 1862 which covered the cemetery riots at Wardsend Cemetery. A student contacted me in the spring of 2012 and I was able to supply him with references etc. His finished dissertation has been added to the site in pdf format

and finally an actual eye witness account of the Zeppelin raid on Sheffield on September 25th 1916 

http://www.chrishobbs.com/sheffieldsfirstraid1916.htm

There are a couple more items that I need to post but a bit more research is required



No comments:

Post a Comment