Wednesday 28 May 2014

The Wrigley Family - Sheffield

I received  the following e-mail from someone who has read both the site and the latest book
Long Shadows Over Sheffield - Forgotten Voices of the Great War

"Congratulations on your website and also your excellent book "Long Shadows Over Sheffield. I notice you have a chapter on my grandfather's family the Wrigleys of Langsett Road. I thought you might be interested in some more info and a few additional pictures."

Needless to say I responded and thanked him for his kind comments and said I would be delighted to receive any additional information on the family.

John replied and sent me some marvelous photos of the family as well as more details about their lives both before and after the Great war


I have  updated the page on the website - John kindly gave me permission to post the photos as well. A tremendous gesture  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment