Tuesday 7 February 2023

A New Year Query - Maria Laycock

 Yesterday I received an email titled "Maria Laycock" that stated

"Hi Chris

I read with interest this piece on Maria just found out she was a family member I have had her mourning card a long while and a piece of paper came to light that my dad had written on about past  family members with dates of birth and death like you no one mentioned the murders.

I wondered if there was a picture of Maria I have a lot of old family photos  but a lot have no names on. I am thinking one of Marias siblings must have married into our family do you know how many she had.

I think I might be related to you as one of the names that is on the list is a David Hornby born 1834-   13-12-1907.Here are some other names

Charles Weaver  Alfred Harry McCormack  s

Sgt C Wheeler Elizabeth Wilson nee Oates John Oates

Sgt Sidney Albert Taylor Ann Karson wife of Tom Mary Stevenson William Stevenson

Thomas Stevenson Catherine Colton Henry Colton John Alfred McCormack

Charlotte Pearson wife Sam Pearson Annie Pearson

Do any of these appear in your family tree I am on a laptop so I only look daily"

I replied

"I am a bit confused - is it the Maria Laycock I refer to in my article on The White Croft Murders 1884

https://www.chrishobbs.com/laycockmurder1884.htm

If so I can say that I have no photo of Maria and I am not related in any way to the Laycock family. None of the names you list are in my family tree as far as I can see. I have a database of names etc and none of those names you appear on it"

But the problem appeared soon after I replied. my mail was returned with the messgae

"Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to outlook_049F1A600CED0E51@outlook.com because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email."

The person who sent me the email was unable to receive my reply because their email client was incorrectly set up to receive mails . It does happen on occasion and there is no way I can reply and so the sender will think that I have ignored their request which is not the case.

If anyone can find me a solution to this communication problem please let me know


  



No comments:

Post a Comment