Tuesday 26 September 2023

John Nicholson (1864 - 1932) Sheffield United - An update

 Whilst I was updating the page on the website and posting the previous blog I had a look at Ancestry to see if there was any other information that had come to light in the last few years

I found a copy of the 1891 UK Census that featured John and his wife Mary Elizabeth living at their house in 97 Pinfold Lane in the Attercliffe district of Sheffield


and a copy of John's probate record from 1932



The intriguing aspect of this is that these are the only two documents that I can find on Ancestry relating to John and his family. Whilst John Nicholson is quite a common name I still would have expected to locate him in the 1881 Census and the 1901 and 1911 Census but I was unsuccessful.

And given his profile I would have expected some links in the Family Tree section but again nothing.
Puzzling to say the least!




  



No comments:

Post a Comment